Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wool Hiking Gloves

It's winter here in Pennsylvania, and that means cold, but it doesn't mean an end to hiking. I like cold-weather hiking, and as long as there's not snow or ice on the trail, I'm fine.

I've done two hikes since Christmas, both in cold, though not frigid, weather, and both times (through pure forgetfulness) forgot to bring gloves. Brother Eric, reading these trip reports (and perhaps taking pity on a hiker who can't remember to bring gloves on a cold-weather hike) saw a close-out sale on Eddie Bauer wool-blend outer layer gloves, and picked up one pair for himself and one for me. They're exactly what I would look for in gloves for hiking - lightweight and resistant to wind and water.

Thank you, Eric, for the thoughtful gift. I had the chance to use them this past Sunday (trip report to follow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment