Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Map of Visited States

I've written before about the number of states I've visited - which is always a subject of interest among my hiking buddies. I posted here in March '13, that I'd visited 42 of the lower 48 states. My current total is 44 - I've visited one additional state, and I realized that I had already visited one that I hadn't claimed:

* Maine. We spent a week here in September '13, hiking and camping.

* Wisconsin. I'd completely forgotten that I'd ever been there, but I definitely have. I did a bit of traveling in one of my first jobs out of college, and one of our clients was children's clothing maker Oshkosh B'Gosh, located in...drum roll please...Oshkosh, WI. I think I was watching a football game one afternoon when an Oshkosh B'Gosh commercial came on. The thought hit me like a thunderbolt - Oshkosh.... Wisconsin! I have Wisconsin!

I'm thinking of this today because I stumbled across a website that lets you chart your visited states on an interactive map. The site is here. My map is below. I've followed the recommended guidelines for colors, as follows:

* Green: lived there or spent extensive time.
* Blue: spent a good amount of time there - at least a week.
* Orange: spent at least one night there.
* Pink: passed through, did not spend a night.




No comments:

Post a Comment