Tuesday, June 19, 2012

RCSP, 6/10/12

Last Sunday I had a little free time, and it was a gorgeous sunny day, so I decided to get out for a quick local hike. The closest "real" hiking is at Ridley Creek State Park, so that's where I went.

I got to lot #16 (the red blob at the left side of the attached map, below) around 10:30am, and decided to just go - to cover as much trail as possible, not worrying about which trails or which loops - to just go and keep going until I found myself back at the car.

I went north on the blue trail, then crossed Big Run and made a counterclockwise loop. Then I came back southwards on the white trail, then headed east (skirting the Tyler Arboretum), and made a clockwise loop. Then it was back toward my car.

This wasn't exactly a training hike for the Adirondacks - though I have been trying to get out for some hike (no matter how small) every week. It was more taking advantage of a chance to get outside on a beautiful day.

Distance: 5.59 miles
Elapsed Time: 1:39

No comments:

Post a Comment